- Introduction and set up
Course Introduction 1 min
Course Prompt 0 min
How to set up your media outreach strategy 0 min
- Search and Explore
How to search for source-specific articles 2 min
How to explore your network 0 min
- Answering Questions
How to compare top sources 2 min
How to identify and compare top reporters 1 min
How to prioritize reporters for outreach 2 min
- Sharing your analysis
How to share your media outreach analysis 0 min
Course 5: Media Outreach Strategy
Learn how to search for articles published by specific sources, identify reporters associated with those sources, and rank those sources based on various metrics.
In this course, you will learn to create a Media Outreach Strategy using the Quid Pro News Dataset. Learn to search for articles published by specific sources or media outlets, identify reporters associated with those sources and rank those sources with Quid metrics.
This is the fifth and final lesson in the Quid News Training Program. By now you should have completed the following lessons:
- Course 1: Narrative Analysis
- Course 2: Share of Voice
- Course 3: Brand Perception
- Course 4: Trends Analysis
In the first four lessons, you used Quid to help the United Nations plan an event for their World Plastics Cleanup Day. Now you will use Quid to help them develop a press outreach strategy to attract the most attention for the event. Specifically:
- What are the top sources covering the topic of sustainability?
- Who are the top reporters writing about this topic?
- Who has previously published articles about the UN and plastic waste?
Along with developing a media outreach strategy, you will learn the following features at each stage of a Quid Pro analysis workflow:
- Search: Learn to use the Source operator to look for source-specific articles
- Analyze: Identify and compare top reporters and sources. Use Filters with Tags to help prioritize targets.
Applying What You Learn
You can use the skills learned in this lesson for a variety of applications, even beyond media outreach. Here are some popular reasons to use Quid's source and reporter data:
- Evaluate how specific sources cover a topic, company or industry
- Compare the topics covered most frequently between competing sources
- Analyze the published content of a company to determine their strategic areas of focus
- Identify top reporters writing about your company or your competitors, and where they stand on an issue
- Rank sources using Quid metrics to identify the most influential voices
At the end of this course, you will have completed the Quid News Training Program and should feel confident using this dataset. Congratulations! You have the option to test your skills with a set of practice cases, or review what you learned with downloadable cheat sheets. Explore our Playbooks to learn how to use more Quid datasets and create other popular analyses.