- Introduction and Set Up
Course Introduction 1 min
Course Prompt 0 min
How to set up your brand perception analysis 0 min
- Search and Explore
How to search for brand-specific articles 3 min
How to explore your network 0 min
- Sharing your analysis
How to identify top narratives for your brand 1 min
How to assess risks to your brand's reputation 3 min
How to identify key influencers 1 min
- Answering Questions
How to share your brand perception analysis 0 min
Course 3: Brand Perception
Learn how to explore the news around a company to fully understand how its brand is perceived in the media.
In this course, you will learn to create a Brand Perception Analysis for a company. This means that you will use the Quid Pro News dataset to dive into the conversation around a company to understand how its brand is perceived in the media.
This is the third course in the Quid Pro News Training Program. At this point, you should have completed Course 1: Narrative Analysis and Course 2: Share of Voice. In this lesson, you will continue to analyze the narrative around the plastic straw ban for the United Nations. In your previous analysis, you identified Starbucks as a company influencing the media narrative on this topic. You will help the UN understand more about what Starbucks is doing related to plastic waste and sustainability.
- What are the top sustainability narratives for Starbucks?
- What is the sentiment related to Starbucks and sustainability?
- Who would be strong potential keynote speakers from Starbucks at the UN's upcoming sustainability conference?
As you create this brand perception analysis, you will learn the following features at each stage of a Quid Pro analysis workflow:
- Search: Learn how to use entity-specific operators to search for news related to a specific company
- Explore: Learn how to rename clusters in the network to make your analysis more presentable
- Analyze: Identify top narratives related to a company, analyze sentiment, and identify influential people in the network
- Share: Export your analysis to a PowerPoint presentation
Applying What You Learn
Brand Perception Analysis is commonly done by communications, marketing, product, or customer experience teams who want to:
- Understand how a brand is being perceived in the media
- Track the progress of a campaign on brand perception
- Identify spokespersons or influencers associated with a brand
- Conduct due diligence on a company to understand brand risks or opportunity areas