- Introduction and set up
Course Introduction 1 min
Course Prompt 0 min
How to set up your Share of Voice analysis 0 min
- Searching and Exploring
How to prepare your data for a share of voice analysis 2 min
- Answering Questions
How to identify the traction of top companies 4 min
How to compare coverage of companies over time 2 min
- Sharing your analysis
How to share your analysis 0 min
Course 2: Share of Voice
Learn to identify top competitors and rank them based on metrics like coverage volume and social media engagement.
In this course, you will learn to conduct a Share of Voice Analysis using the Quid Pro News Dataset. A Share of Voice Analysis includes the ability to identify top competitors, analyze differences and similarities in their coverage, and rank them based on metrics like volume of coverage and social media engagement.
This course builds on the query that you created in Course 1: Narrative Analysis and prompts you to help the United Nations understand which companies are most influential in the media narrative related to the plastic straw ban. You will learn how to answer the following questions:
- Which companies are most influential in the discussion?
- Are there any companies that are trending, or becoming more influential recently?
In this lesson you will learn about the following Quid Pro features:
- Search: How to use a previously configured search
- Analyze: Learn to use entity grouping, filters, and labels
- Share: Export saved views to a powerpoint presentation
Applying What You Learn
A Share of Voice Analysis can be a helpful way to compare a set of companies or identify trending companies. You can use this methodology to:
- Identify unique differentiators or narratives most strongly associated with your brand
- Measure how your company compares to competitors in the media for a given topic
- See the influence of a campaign on brand perception
- Understand the competitive position of your brand in terms of strengths and weaknesses