- Course Introduction and set up
Course Introduction 1 min
Course Prompt 0 min
How to set up your narrative analysis 2 min
- Search and Explore
How to search for relevant articles 5 min
How to explore your network 4 min
- Answering Questions
How to find top narratives in a topic 4 min
How to find key events in a topic 1 min
How to find key players related to a topic 3 min
- Sharing your analysis
How to share your Quid analysis 2 min
Course 1: Narrative Mapping
Learn how to analyze all of the news articles about a given topic, identify common themes, and understand major trends.
In this course, you will learn how to conduct a Narrative Analysis to quickly get smart on a topic. You will learn to use the Quid Pro News Dataset to analyze all of the news articles about a given topic, identify common themes, and understand major trends.
This course is based on a real life use case for Quid, where you will be asked to analyze the major topics of conversation related to the plastic straw ban for the United Nations. You will learn how to answer the following questions:
- What topics are being discussed in the media around the plastic straw ban?
- What are the notable events related to the plastic straw ban in the past year?
- Which companies have been most influential to the conversation?
In this lesson you will learn how to build the key views in a Narrative Analysis. You will also learn about the fundamental features in each stage of the Quid Pro workflow:
- Search: Learn to create a Quid search using boolean operators, metadata operators, topic cards, and filters
- Explore: Understand how to read a Quid network, and how to merge/delete clusters
- Analyze: Learn how to analyze, customize and save insightful views from your network
- Share: Learn about different ways to export or share your analysis
Applying What You Learn
The Narrative Analysis workflow is one of the most common uses for Quid. Some of the typical scenarios when you might use a Narrative Analysis include:
- Preparing for a pitch to a new client
- Conducting market research prior to a meeting so that you are informed about the relevant narratives
- Identifying topics to investigate at the start of a new project
- Staying on top of trends in your industry